Monday, December 9, 2013

December Daily - December 9

Tonight, Claire & I decorated a gingerbread house.

gingerbreadHouse2013
I kind of followed this tutorial How to Build a Gingerbread House in 5 Simple Steps, she did one step per day and made it a 5 day process. I did Days 1, 2 and 3 on Sunday and Days 4 & 5 on Monday evening - I didn't really this to be a 5 day process. We already had all the ingredients (Day 1), Claire did get to help me make the gingerbread (Day 2), but I didn't end up cutting out the pieces and baking them until after she went to bed on Sunday evening (Day 3).

Our only mishap was that I had planned to get the Gingerbread house built on Sunday night so that it would be all ready to go when I got home from work on Monday. I didn't get the house built, but I had told Claire that we would decorate it when I got home from work. Then we still had to make the royal icing and build it which resulted in lots of requests of decorate it NOW? I did have an entire extra disc of gingerbread so after building it, to give the icing time to harden, we cut out gingerbread men and Christmas trees. Then after we decorated the house, we decorated the cookies too.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with it until whenever we decide to eat it!

30 Days Of Lists
I'm joining in on the 30 Days of Lists - December Edition challenge. Each day they post a list topic and then we make a list. Here is today's list:

My favorite outfits/accessories...
  • Yoga pants & Justin's Old Navy Fleece
  • Skinny jeans, long sweaters & fake uggs
  • Sweater cardigans
Right now, I pretty much live in my yoga pants. I usually refuse to wear them out of the house (well, OUT places, I might wear them to run across the street to check the mail), but at 7.5 months pregnant, yoga pants are acceptable everywhere but work and church. I seriously cannot wait until I can wear actual jeans, not maternity jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment