Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pumpkin Hollow

On Saturday morning, when it was somewhere around 40-45 degrees and the sun was NOT shining, Claire & I went to Deanna Rose Farmstead to go to Pumpkin Hollow. Because I am super intelligent, we were the ones running around in sweatshirts instead of coats & hats & gloves. But just because you're cold doesn't mean you can't have a good time!

pumpking hollow

Claire LOVED the hay bale slide, she went down it at least 20 times. They also had some little games set up that she could play (bean bag toss, (plastic) egg rolling, etc). Since it was cold so we only stayed for about an hour. Then we got our pumpkins and rode the hay wagon back to the farmstead. I did think ahead enough to know that I didn't want to be hauling a purse around with me and just took things that I would need & would fit in my pockets (phone, keys, money, tissues) and my camera (obviously). Which was good because by the time I was walking out of there, I had two pumpkins, a bag of stuff from Children's Mercy (they were a sponsor) and a bag of kettle corn (that was lunch).

pumpking hollow

Also, the picture of Claire & me was taken using my brand new wireless shutter remote. It's a little obvious in the picture that it is in my hand if you are looking for it, but I think it'll be useful. Better than sitting it somewhere and then having to wait for the timer to go off.

No comments:

Post a Comment