Wednesday, May 16, 2012

On my shelf

I *love* to read. Books...are probably one of my favorite things. They say all great writers start out as readers, but so far that hasn't worked out for me. Mostly because I don't want to put my book down long enough to actually WRITE anything.

Anyways, here are some books that I have read recently:

I Am Four by Pittacus Lore
Every since I read Hunger Games, when I go to the library I make a point to look at the recently released young adult books. Sometimes they are good. Sometimes they are not. But quite often I can find something interesting to read there. I Am Four was a random library find. To be honest, until I just now looked on Amazon to get a link, I didn't even realize that second book was already released. I enjoyed 90% of this book, the oh-my-gosh-i'm-in-love parts got old and the fighting just didn't flow with the rest of the book. I will now be heading to the library website to reserve the second book, The Power of Six. So, it was good enough that I spend another evening reading the second book. But not good enough for me to run out and buy them. Even if the library wait is super long.

Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Now this book, I went out and bought the day it was released. I have the first book, Divergent, on my Kindle - I will eventually buy a paper copy for ease of letting my step-daughter read it eventually unless we buy her a Kindle first... Anyways, this series is awesome. It is also a variation on the whole young adult, dystopian world trilogy that seem to be so popular now.

Ascend by Amanda Hocking
Ha, again with the young adult trilogies! This is the final installment in the series about the Trylle clan of trolls. The first book I bought from Barnes & Noble because I had a gift card and needed to spend a little more to (1) use up the gift card (I hate it when I have less than $10 left on a card) and (2) get free shipping.

Next up:
Pure by Julianna Baggott
I can't remember how I heard about this book. But a while back I put it on my library list and it is available for pick-up now.

Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
It pains me, but I'm addicted. But I refuse to buy it, so maybe I'll read it eventually; I'm number 203 in line at the library... Although the "limited loan" copy is available at my preferred library if I can get there tomorrow before someone else checks it out. :)

Obviously, I do not read high quality literature most of the time. I enjoy my silly predictable fluffy books for the time being.

The links to Amazon do not actually generate me any income. In fact nothing on this blog does at this exact moment. Just to let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment