Monday, May 14, 2012

Menu Monday

Another week and another menu plan. I know some people plan the same basic 7 meals every week, but that doesn't work for me. Each week is a new adventure in what I will figure out to fix for our little family.

Monday - Tortellini w/ marinara, bread and vegetable mix
Tuesday - Pancakes, sausage links, fruit mix (kiwi, blueberries, strawberries)
Wednesday - Smoked brats, tater tots, green beans
Thursday - Black-pepper chicken stir-fry*, rice, Asian vegetable medley, egg rolls
Friday - Pizza (take out)
Saturday - Grilled deli sandwiches (panini-ish), chips, raw veggies/fruit
Sunday - Enfrijoladas*, spicy rice, corn & pepper mix

Items with * are new recipes, so we'll see how it goes.

We have a fairly large number of things that we all like, but I like to try new things otherwise I feel like I eat the same stuff all the time. The Black-pepper chicken I tried at my local Chinese take-out for lunch last week and LOVED it. Now we'll see if I can make something that is close enough to the original. The Enfrijoladas were posted on Tasty-Kitchen (my favorite cooking blog/website) and they looked delicious - it's vegetarian though and my husband is more of a meat & potatoes kind of guy. But I figure if for every meal that I really want to try we do something that he really likes (Pizza take out, brats) then it's all good...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment