Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Getting Fit

I've decided that I need to do something about getting fit. I've been asked twice in the past month about my pregnancy (I'm not pregnant).

Truthfully, I'm not fat and I'm not teeny tiny, but I'm within the healthy range for my height. I just carry most of my weight on my belly - seriously I've always been that way, it's genetics and after being pregnant with Claire it just got worse. And as I told my mom, I either need to gain about 30 lbs so I am obviously over weight or lose about 5-10 and tone up my belly so it's less noticeable. I'm actually halfway inclined to just gain the weight because I know me and maintaining anything less than what I weigh now is VERY hard.

However, since I have a few health/exercise related goals on my 31 before I'm 31 list, I will probably attempt to lose the weight. I just need to make a manageable plan. And a system of accountability. But I am not doing weight watchers again. That works well for me until I get within 5-10 lbs of my goal weight, then I lose all motivation which means starting now I would be without motivation in the first place.

My Plan

Part 1: Eating habits
I have already made quite a few changes regarding what I eat. If I snack between lunch & dinner, I usually eat fruit. After dinner is harder because the kids want something sweet and we end up with ice cream, s'mores, cookies, etc. I'm a big fan of anything in moderation, which means having the sweets with the kids is okay...once or twice a week.

Part 2: Exercise
I don't really exercise right now. I was doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD earlier this year. But I hated it. Then I tried to start running again, but I can only run either early in the morning (which I hate) or late in the evening (when it's dark). Plus it is so hot right now. And exercising inside doesn't work because it is really warm inside too. I need to figure something out, but I'm not sure what just yet.

I could join a gym again, but it's expensive and I'm not sure when I would be able to go since mornings & evenings aren't good for me, that mostly leaves over my lunch break at work. I used to go to a gym over my lunch break and it was okay. I managed to go around 3 times per week, but I felt so rushed to get there and change and exercise and shower and change and drive back in a hour that I would end up cutting my workout short to make sure I wasn't late getting back.

As I said, still trying to figure out a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment