Sunday, August 19, 2012

Project Life: Week 31

Week 31: July 30 - August 5

This week was hard to figure out what to do. This is the week when I took 3 days off from work and we had a little Kansas City Vacation.

Idea 1: 2 inserts. Insert 1: all about Wednesday's adventure downtown. The front of insert 2: Thursday and the back: Friday. Unfortunately the Thursday page would be pretty empty because we really just hung around the house most of that day.
Idea 2: 1 insert. Front: Wednesday. Back: Thursday & Friday (but mostly Friday).
Idea 3: no insert (at leas not specifically for the vacation) just a 4x6 daily highlight picture in the normal pages and then make a mini album for details.

After looking at all of my pictures, I ended up going with idea 2. I'm not sure yet if I'll make a mini album or not, but this will at least get enough of the details down that if I do decide to make a mini album it won't be too hard to make it. I also thought of another page protector design that I wish Becky would make: 3 4x6 slots down the left side (next to the holes) with a 3x4 slot next to each 4x6 slot. That way you could have a 4x6 with some journaling about it right next to it. That is what I would've really liked for the vacation insert. But she doesn't have such a thing right now.

On to my pages for Week 31!

Week 31 (2)

I really wanted to highlight the fact that we had "vegetarian week" this week. Instead of my normal method of cramming all of my food pictures into one 6x4, I decided to fill the entire middle section of my first page with my vegetarian foods and include a 4x6 folded journaling card that I made that was all about what foods we ate and what we thought of each of them.

Week 31 (3)

Week 31 (1)

I ended up with a 10x12 insert for the vacation pictures. I didn't feel like setting up my sewing machines so I just used washi tape from Target down the trimmed side of the page protector.

Week 31 (4)

In order to print these pictures I just resized them as necessary and arranged them all on a 10x12 canvas in Photoshop, then I divided them out onto 6x4 canvases. Then I just ordered them as usually and cut them apart. I did not type the journaling on the pictures. I actually like how the printed journaling looks on cardstock better than the smoothness of the photo paper.

Week 31 (5)

The last page is just a bunch of not quite vacation pictures. Just random stuff we did around the house during our "stay-cation". I included a picture of my dad because we celebrated his birthday on Aug 5 (Sunday). I should probably add a tag to that picture that says "Happy Birthday" on it.

Week 31 (6)

Well, Week 31 is FINALLY done...better late than never!

The Mom Creative


Thanks for visiting! Want to see more Project Life 2012? Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment