Sunday, December 2, 2012

Digital December Daily - Cover & Day 1

A few weeks ago I looked at my last four December Daily albums. This year, I am attempting to go Digital. We'll see. I haven't bought any of Ali's Christmas themed products yet. I am fairly adept at Photoshop, so we'll see what I can do on my own before I spend money. Currently, I am setting this up as a 7x7 Blurb book. I think that I may just put any stuff (receipts, tags, programs, tickets) in my project life album this year. Also, in an effort to lower my stress about what goes where, Christmas/Holiday specific things will go in December Daily. Holiday & non-Holiday things will go in Project Life.

The first thing I did was choose a couple of colors that I like:
palette

Then I made my cover art. I already had a couple of ideas and this is the one that fit for this year:

dd2012-covers

I am still working on some backgrounds. I'm not sure if I will use them much, so I don't want to spend too much time on them. I think I'll probably have each page be mostly full of pictures. I'll probably design each 7x7 layout in photoshop & just upload the 7x7 layout to blurb to put in the book.

Day 1 | Advent + Elf on the Shelf

Day 1 is about our countdown "advent" calendars. We have a felt one with velcro ornaments that I made way back before Claire was born. This year we also got one of the Lego advent calendar sets, specifically the City set. Justin loves Legos - although he's more into Star Wars Legos, but I couldn't bring myself to buy this year's Star Wars Lego advent calendar when Santa Yoda was in last year's set. Anyways, I'm pretty happy with how the two pages turned out. We also got an Elf on the Shelf so I went ahead and included that today too.

dd2012-day1

December Daily is a memory keeping project started (more or less) by Ali Edwards.

See all my 2012 December Daily Posts.

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing someone else doing this digital! I admire your ability to create your own stuff....I wish I could do that. Can't wait to see how this comes together, I LOVE your color scheme!

    ReplyDelete