Tuesday, December 18, 2012

December Daily - Days 13 & 15

Day 13 | Christmas Lights

dd2012-day13

Since Anaya wasn't here to look at Christmas lights, we ended up only going to Paulie's Penguin Playground. It's basically hundreds of inflatables, most of which feature Penguins. It's massive, takes up the person's entire front & side yards. There are inflatables on the roof - EVERYWHERE. Insanity. But Claire loves it. And it's kind of fun. And they take up a donation for Leuekemia Lymphoma Society.

I'm not sure yet what I will do with the facing page here. I didn't really do much of anything December 12th or 14th, but the 15th required 2 pages, so we'll see. I'll probably just make a "pretty" page.

Day 15 | Downtown

dd2012-day15

It started out as a trip to Crown Center to see the Mayor's Christmas Tree. Probably make a run through Kaleidoscope since Anaya loves it and maybe the aquarium since Claire loves it (and we have season passes). It turned into a five hour trip of craziness. Ended up going to the City Market first to their annual WhoVille to get a picture with the Grinch. Then on to Crown Center for lunch & seeing the Mayor's Christmas tree. I took my mom with me, so after lunch we split up and Claire & I went to the Aquarium to see Scuba Santa (yes, that is Santa & an elf under water in the Shark & Ray tunnel!) while Anaya & my mom went to Kaleidoscope since Claire hates it. Then I wanted to go inside the Holiday Express train that was at Union Station, but the line was so long (seriously at least a 2 hr wait), so I went ahead and got our season pass for next year and used it to get tickets to Science City where we hung out for an hour or so. We were all exhausted by the time we got in the car to head home.

This year I am doing my December Daily project as a 7x7 Blurb book. I'm designing 7x7 images in photoshop and then I'll just use each 7x7 image as a page in the book. I'll design the pages with a slight border around the images (probably in white) that way I don't lose part of my text when the book is printed. See all my December Daily Posts.



No comments:

Post a Comment