Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful for...

So...lots of people were posting their thankfuls every day on Twitter or Facebook. But I just wrote mine all down on a piece of paper.

  1. A healthy baby for my brother & sister-in-law.
  2. Our house - even if it's not what I want, it is still awesome that we have a house, a house that is technically big enough for all of us & our stuff.
  3. Claire is talking more - We've been carrying on entire conversations!
  4. Sleeping in, even just a little big (like until 8am)
  5. My job, even on Mondays when I don't really WANT to go, I still have a really good job!
  6. The right to vote.
  7. Hot water for showers on cold mornings
  8. Not just one car, but two cars that work and don't cause me to worry about us getting from point A to point B.
  9. My family living so close to me - my parents & brother/sister-in-law all live within 4 miles of each other.
  10. Seasons - I love it when the seasons change & the leaves turn & fall. When I was in San Diego for 4 years, one of the things that I really missed about Kansas was the seasons.
  11. God & Church & the community there.
  12. My husband - we've made it 7 years so far!
  13. Claire - she is such an awesome little person. I can't even remember what I used to do with my life before she was in it.
  14. My camera - I love taking pictures. I love capturing moments that I would otherwise probably forget.
  15. Toddler Board Games. I couldn't decide if I was really thankful for these, or if I wished they didn't exist. But Claire loves Candy Land & Memory & Cooties so much that I decided to be thankful that we have something "fun" to do together even when it is dark & cool outside.
  16. Starbucks & their Cinnamon Dolce Latte because I love it so so much.
  17. Olathe and it's lovely little parks with nice little playgrounds for Claire to play on.
  18. My parents - they are so awesome and help us out so much with Claire & with household stuff & just being there to talk to whenever.
  19. Amazon - the stuff Christmas is made of this year. I may not be getting the BEST deals, but there is no price on the sanity I am saving by not getting out & fighting with the crowds.
  20. My cellphone. It's expensive, and not necessary to life, but it keeps me connected with my family & friends as well as hours of entertainment when I am waiting.
  21. Project Life - it is getting pictures off of my computer & into a pretty book.
  22. Turkey! Family! Food! Parades! Life!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving (Turkey Time as Claire is calling it). And gets to spend it with their family/friends/loved ones/someone.

1 comment:

  1. Great list. I would have to add my awesome children and grandchildren--I love them all so much and am so fortunate that they are living close enough to have dinner together each Sunday!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete