Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Project Life: Week 23

Week 23: June 4 - 10

I was not feeling the motivation to work on Project Life this week. I had all my pictures selected by last Tuesday, but then I just ignored them until Monday night when I finally just ordered them from Target. I wanted to do some journaling on them before I ordered them, but I never got around to it. I mean, I could've waited to print them, but I had to go to Target on Tuesday anyways to buy a DVD for Claire (maybe 'had to' isn't the right phrase), and I didn't want to make anymore trips to Target than necessary.

So I got my pictures and I cut them apart, but I still wasn't really in the mood to do all my journal strips and cutting them apart and sticking them to each picture. So I took a picture of my work in progress and started writing this blog post, but it wasn't THIS blog post, it was about my lack of motivation. It as just going to be blog filler for the PL week that would get done eventually.

pl in progress
At one point I started brainstorming other approaches I could take to my journaling this week. Not counting my insert, I had already filled all but one of my 3x4 spots and the only 6x4 spot left was for my title card. Finally I decided maybe this week I wouldn't use a standard title card. Maybe this week I should type all my journaling for all my pictures on one 6x4 piece and use that as my title card. At which point I got motivated and got it all done. I ended up printing one more 3x4 picture to fill in the one spot I had left originally (it's the picture of Strawberry Cheesecake).

Full spread without insert:
wk 23 (2)
Left side:
wk 23 (5)
The only unfortunate thing is that I closed all of my photoshop files without saving them, and after looking at the title/journal card, I wish I had made my font larger. But I really don't want to re-type all of that, so we'll see if it looks okay tomorrow.

Right side:
wk 23 (7)
Insert:
wk 23 (9)
My brother-in-law and new sister-in-law got married that weekend, so the insert is all about their wedding. The picture of just my family was taken with the timer while my camera was balanced on a bike rack (which I think annoyed Justin - he was worried it would fall). Unfortunately the focus ended up being on the plants behind us so we're a little blurry, but it's still a pretty good picture.

The Mom Creative

Thanks for coming and seeing my Project Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment