Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Cakes

I made two cakes for Father's Day. My dad specifically asked for a Pineapple Upside-down Cake and I knew that wasn't what Justin would prefer. So on Saturday evening as an "early father's day", I made a Peanut Butter Cake for Justin.

The Peanut Butter Cake was delicious, although the icing was ALMOST too rich. Justin prefers thicker cakes so even though the recipe said to make it in a 10x15 Jelly Roll pan, I used a 9x13 Cake pan. But I made the same amount of icing/glaze so it was pretty thick on my cake. It almost tasted like Peanut Butter Caramel - soooo good, but so rich. I'm thinking about making it again and making the peanut butter sheet cake but with the chocolate icing you put on a Texas Sheet Cake, or maybe make the chocolate sheet cake with the peanut butter icing.

Peanut Butter Cake
Then on Sunday after we got home from church, I threw the Pineapple Upside-Down Cake together. I don't have a link to the recipe because it is out of Pioneer Woman's first cookbook - the Pineapple Upside Down Cake in a Cast Iron Skillet. I was a little worried about the batter because it was REALLY thin, but it turned out amazing. So delicious. I probably should've squished my pineapple together a little bit more than I did, but live and learn!

Pineapple UpsideDown Cake

Then this evening I made everyone go outside and I took a picture of them. Justin & his girls...on Father's Day 2012:

Justin And Girls

1 comment: