Monday, June 11, 2012

Menu Monday

Wow...we were so off out menu last week, that I feel the need to post what we actually ended up doing. The main problem...I never made time to go to the grocery store. I'm not entirely sure why, I just had other things to be doing I guess? But not sure what since I wasn't doing anything important. We only ended up with spaghetti because I had to run to Target and grabbed a jar of marinara while I was there.

Monday - Fried Egg Sandwiches
Tuesday - Smoked Brats, Veggie Mix
Wednesday - Pork Chops, Veggie Mix
Thursday - Arby's
Friday - Pizza Hut
Saturday - Wedding Reception Food
Sunday - Spaghetti, Corn

And actually, I did go to the grocery store. On Saturday morning...to buy coffee & donuts. But since I had Claire with me, and we hadn't eaten breakfast yet and it was almost 10am, I didn't buy stuff to have for dinner on Sunday. Plus, it was already Saturday, the meal plan was already ruined at that point.

But this week...we're going to do better! I hope. Because our eating out budget was SHOT last week. I just need to go to the grocery store. Soon. I probably should've gone last night. Oh well.

Monday - Deli Sandwiches, grapes
Tuesday - Chicken-BLT Bow Tie Pasta Salad, Bread
Wednesday - Taco Pizza (homemade dough - make it Tuesday night)
Thursday - Chicken Stir-fry, rice, egg rolls
Friday - Marinated Turkey Tenderloin, pasta side, veggies
Saturday - Steak, buttered potatoes, green beans
Sunday - Fried Egg Sandwiches

I'm also planning to make a Peanut Butter sheet cake on Saturday for Justin. And on Sunday, I am making Pioneer Woman's Pineapple Upside Down Cake {in a cast iron skillet} to take to lunch because that is specifically want my dad wants for Father's Day. I can't link up to a recipe for that one because it is out of her cookbook. I'll probably end up posting pictures of both of them on Sunday night...I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment