Monday, June 25, 2012

Menu Monday

It seems like the price of groceries as suddenly gone up A LOT. I'm not sure why, but I go to the store with less than 10 things on my list and spend at least $50. Sure, I sometimes buy things that I don't intend to buy, but seriously, food is expensive. And I did stock up on a few things the past couple of times I was at the store (lots of crackers for snacks, and frozen pizza & mac and cheese for quick dinners).

So, here's what we ended up eating last week:

Monday - Breakfast - Bacon, Eggs, Toast
Tuesday - Palermo's Pizza
Wednesday - Beef & Cheese Stuffed Shells, Green Beans
Thursday - Marinated Pork Chops, Pasta Salad
Friday - Mac & Cheese, Cantaloupe
Saturday - Hot Dogs, Corn, Cantaloupe
Sunday - Leftovers

Ended up re-arranging and changing a few things. We didn't have enough leftovers for Tuesday, so we had a frozen Pizza. Justin doesn't like have "similar" dishes two nights in a row (or even in the same week), so Chicken Parmesan got bumped around and eventually off the menu all together since we'd have the Beef & Cheese shells and they both have marinara sauce on them. Friday we didn't feel like cooking and none of us we particularly hungry so we had a box of Kraft Mac & Cheese. Then Justin decided he wanted Hot Dogs for dinner on Saturday and since I had to pick up some stuff to make cookies I went ahead and got Hot Dogs and buns while I was there Saturday morning, luckily I hadn't bought the Deli Meat yet so that just go pushed to next weekend. And we did have enough leftovers to eat on Sunday, so we just did that instead of making Fried Eggs.

The current grocery ad does not have much that I actually want in it, so I think I'm going to hope that the ad that comes out on Wednesday is better and try to eat things that we have between now and Thursday. Since we didn't have the Parmesane Crusted Chicken we'll have that on Monday night. I stocked up on Smoked Brats the last time they were on sale and we have buns from last Saturday, so that's Tuesday. We don't actually have Tuna right now, but I need to run by Target on Monday or Tuesday to pick up Project Life pictures so I can get a can of Tuna while I'm there.

The plan for this week:

Monday - Parmesan Crusted Chicken, Peas, Bread
Tuesday - Smoked Brats, Pasta Salad
Wednesday - Tuna Salad Sandwiches
Thursday - Steak, Pasta/Rice side
Friday - Breakfast - Pancakes, Sausage, Fruit
Saturday - Deli Subs, Fruits & Veggies
Sunday - Palermo's Pizza / Leftovers?

No comments:

Post a Comment