Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013

As 2012 draws to a close, I'm looking at my pictures for the year. I've kept up with Project Life, but I was thinking about making a Blurb book for my mother-in-law of pictures from the year. I have approximately 18,000 pictures from 2012. EIGHTEEN THOUSAND (give or take some). Every month, I move my pictures off my main hard drive on to the secondary drive in my computer (in addition to backing them up on our server). I've used 114.3 GB to store pictures for this year. Insane.

My house...is a mess. I keep meaning to clean, but I'm not terribly motivated. The main parts of my house stay clean-ish (just not tidy) but the less seen areas (master bedroom, the basement, laundry room, etc) have not had a good cleaning in longer than I want to think about.

And here it is, 11pm on January 2 and I just can't figure out how to move forward into this year. How to turn this year into the year I want it to be. Not huge things, but the little things. I want my house to not always feel like it needs a good scrubbing (without hiring a maid service). I want to take pictures, but not so many that I feel overwhelmed by them. I want to spend time with my family, but I want to do the things I enjoy too, without sacrificing my sleep every night (like I've been doing).

I keep reading all these things online about motivation and making lists and plans and words for the year (which I've tried before) and whatever, but it all feels so not like me. But maybe that's the point, maybe this the year to not be me, or at least not the current unmotivated me.

Maybe it doesn't matter at all. Maybe I should wait until Spring to make plans and dreams for the next few months. I hate January. It's cold and sad and depressing (except for Claire's birthday). Quite possibly my least favorite month of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment