Sunday, March 16, 2014

Ryder at 2 Months

Ryder is TWO months old already?! It kind of like, how is he already 2 months and really, he's ONLY 2 months! Because it feels like we've had him so much longer than two months.

Ryder-2months-IMG_9472
We haven't had his 2 month check-up yet, so I won't have an "official" weight until Tuesday. But according to the not-so-accurate method of weighing us together and then just weighing me, he weighs somewhere between 13 & 14 pounds. And he is getting long too. He's already wearing 3-6 month clothing, which at Carter's is just called 6 month clothing. We need to finish off our box of size 1 diapers, and then we'll probably move on to size 2 diapers.

I've been back at work for 2.5 weeks. We're settling into a pretty good routine - some days are definitely better than others. Most days, he wakes up somewhere between 4:30am and 6:00am to eat, then he'll usually go back to sleep. By the end of the day the routine is usually completely shot. I try to get him to bed between 8 and 9, but then sometimes he falls asleep at 7 only to be up again at 9 and stays up until 11.

We thought he had a dairy allergy like his daddy & Claire, but now I'm not so sure. I have added some dairy back into my diet and he doesn't seem to be any fussier or have any more difficulty than when I wasn't eating any dairy. But I'm still limiting it to be on the safe side - except for today when I ate Cheesecake at my mom's and then made a pasta dish with a creamy cheesey sauce. We'll see how he is tomorrow with all that dairy in me...

He is lifting his head up so much now. And he smiles for us - especially for Justin. He kind of giggles. He LOVES making faces at the baby in the mirror. He has a magical ability to poop up his back and pee up his front at the same time - that results in him having a bath. However, for the most part, he LIKES baths. He is sometimes unhappy after the bath but probably just because he is cold.

Ryder-2months-collage
Love this little boy and so excited to see him grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment