Monday, March 3, 2014

Project Life : 2014 Cover Page

This year, I am not buying a core kit. At least I am not currently planning to buy a core kit. I have so many bits and pieces of my other 4 core kits, plus a mini kit and I bought some baby boy things (not PL, but a different company) that I just can't bring myself to buy ANOTHER core kit just so I can have the title page cards and the page title/date cards. I figure if I decide I need the ones to go on each page, I can buy the digital set of just those cards and print them for less than a core kit.

I ended up using Cathy Zielsky's free 2013 title cards. I just opened them up in Photoshop and downloaded a font (Multicolore) that was similar to the one she used and changed them to be for 2014 & the colors to be more to my liking. I'm not entirely sure about the "You Are Here" card. I made that one myself and I like it in theory, but I'm not loving it in the spread. I made it before I downloaded Cathy's stuff, so maybe if I redo it to look more like her kit I will like it better. I stamped our address on it (blurred out) using my return address stamp that I bought myself for Christmas. I love that thing.

pl2014-titlepage
I ended up using two pictures that I took about part way through January in order to include Ryder. I was having a hard time deciding what to do about the list of family members too. Because, technically, on January 1st, Ryder wasn't born yet. But he was born on January 15th which is close enough that the album will include many (many many many) pictures of him. I changed them to black and white in Photoshop because I liked it better that way for the title page.

No comments:

Post a Comment