Thursday, May 16, 2013

Project Life 2013: Week 18

Week 18: April 29 - May 5

Just a story, not related to the week of PL that I'm posting pictures about: This past Saturday, Project Life kits arrived at my local Hobby Lobby as soon as I knew they were there, I dragged the kids to there in hopes of getting a signed one. As were standing there and I am debating which kit to get (there weren't any signed ones), Anaya asks me, "So, why are you into Project Life all the sudden?" At which point I had to explain that it wasn't "all the sudden" it was just that this is the first time we've been able to buy it in a store!

wk18-c
This is how I plan out a project life spread. I pull out a drawing tablet (6x8") and I write a list of events that happened during the week that I KNOW I want to include. Then I sit down at my computer somewhere between Sunday night and the following Sunday night and select which pictures I want to include. Then I draw out the spread in my little 6x8 inch drawing tablet. I draw out any inserts that I'll use, mark where each picture goes and sometimes find another related picture to fill in a hole. I verify that I got all of the events - sometimes if I only have pictures from something on my phone, I'll forget. Then I drag all of my pictures into photoshop. All at once and then I wait for it to actually open them all in photoshop. Since I know at this point what sizes I need to crop each picture, it is easy to go through do any color correcting/lightening/darkening and cropping that needs to be done. I also add any text that I want on the pictures at this point. Then I upload and order them (I use my local grocery store) and then I forget about it all until I get the email saying to pick them up. Since I have my sketch, it is easy to sit down with the pictures, my kit and my drawing tablet and stick the pictures in the slots.

wk18-a
This week was crazy weather week. In the 80s on Tuesday, snowing and in the 30s on Thursday (IN MAY!). When I got home from work, Claire was insistent that we needed to go outside in the snow. We went out and I attempted to cover my garden with a sheet, then Claire said too cold, go inside.

wk18-b
On Saturday we went to a birthday party for the son of a friend. He had it at Pump It Up an inflatables play place. Claire cried for 20-30 minutes of the 2 hr party. Then we took Hudson's 6 month pictures on Sunday. He's such a big boy! And then one of our cats, Reeses, snuggled herself into a wicker basket that we use for dirty towels and I took pictures...then Claire had to get in the pictures too.

1 comment:

  1. I need to draw out my plans and be more selective when ordering my photos. Although most of the time I don't have enough photos and have to order more.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete