Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Friendship Bread: Sour Dough Variation

I read the book, Friendship Bread, a couple of months ago. Then I asked my mom for a starter, I've had one before but I got rid of it because I was done with baking every 10 days. Anyways, now I have one again and I have been experimenting with different recipes. I've gotten a lot of them from Friendship Bread Kitchen.

When it was time to bake the bread last Thursday, I decided to try the Rustic Sour Dough variation. Something a little different that wasn't a sweet bread. And it turned out delicious. I didn't think it really tasted like sour dough bread, but it was good. I read the comments and left the sugar out of the actual bread, so the only sweetness was from the starter.

bread

I divided my dough into three pans because I was worried about overflowing the pans. But I ended up with pretty short loaves, they definitely rose, but if I'd only made two loaves, I could've used it for sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment