Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Not Quite as Expected

I have a nice little post all written, just waiting for a picture, about Claire's birthday which was back on the 16th. But then life happened. And in this case, I mean I gave birth to the most precious and adorable baby boy EVER on January 15th. Which means the post about Claire's birthday...didn't happen. We were planning to celebrate her birthday, on her birthday. But instead, I spent her birthday in the hospital remembering how to take care of a newborn. And now I have two kiddos whose birthdays are right next to each other (the 15th & 16th)...during month after Christmas.

This baby, Ryder, is so much different than Claire was as a baby. He sleeps, a lot. I'm not complaining and I'm not bragging because I do not want to ruin it. It is a blessing. And he can sleep thru just about anything. We have yet to find anything that he can't sleep through. Vacuum cleaner - no problem. Claire stomping her feet and yelling - not an issue. Grinding coffee - that's okay too. Cell phones & doorbells ringing - doesn't faze him at all.

So, soon, I will post about Claire turning 5. And about Ryder being born. But right now, I'm just learning about my new little guy and figuring out our new normal. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment