Saturday, May 24, 2014

Ryder at 4 Months

Wow. Our little guy is 4 Months old already. Approximately a year ago was when I found out I was pregnant and now we have a 4 month old!

Ryder-4months-IMG_1610
On April 25, my mom & dad saw Ryder roll from back-to-front for the first time. Justin saw it the next week, but I didn't see him do it until May 4th and then again on the morning of May 5th! I tried to get a video...but he doesn't like to cooperate with me. He is also now rolling all the way over (back-to-front-to-back), again, no video because whenever I try I end up just getting him doing one roll and then fussing about it. We've also just started putting him in his exersaucer. He loves standing up. We've started putting him in his highchair during dinner, he is pretty happy to sit and talk to us most nights while we eat. And I got him a different bathtub in hopes a teaching him to splash - no luck so far.

He is also going through quite the sleep regression right now (I do not remember Claire doing this). If you had asked me before Ryder was born if I would EVER have him sleeping in bed with me, I would've said no. I didn't do it with Claire (at least not regularly) and I had no intention of doing it with Ryder either. But every night, all night, he is in bed with me. It's the only place he will sleep at night... At this point though, with his sleep regression, he is back to being up (and wanting to nurse) every 2 hours. Seriously. He is usually up at 12:15am, 2:00am, 4:05am, and 5:50am. I need some more sleep!

We went to the doctor on May 16 for his 4 month check up. He is a growing boy: 18 pounds, 2 ounces and 26 inches! Everything looked good. The doctor told me what I could do about his cradle cap, but it doesn't bother me that much so I'm undecided if I will do any of it. He has moved up to size 3 diapers. He's still mostly in 3-6 month clothing, but he does have a few 6-9 or 6-12 month things that fit. The 6 month footed sleepers I got him are all getting tight, but luckily it is warming up.

Ryder-4months-collage

No comments:

Post a Comment