Friday, November 22, 2013

December Daily 2013 - Planning

I am planning to do December Daily again this year. I'm going through my previous FIVE December Daily albums and seeing what traditions I want to make sure to include. I'm looking for a color scheme. I'm pretty sure I'll do it as a Blurb book again.

This year I am also participating in 30 Days of Lists - December Edition. I haven't ever done a 30 days of list class, but I figure it might have some good ideas of things to document on the nights when we just don't have much going on. Or I can include those in my Project Life album.

Traditions that have been in other books that I want in this book too:
  • Visiting Santa
  • Baking/Decorating cookies
  • Advent/Countdown Calendar
  • Homemade/Painted Ornaments
  • Going to Hallmark to get a new ornament
  • Looking at Lights
  • Wrapping Presents
  • Church (a musical performance or other special event)
  • Giving

I've been working on a little bit of a schedule of when we'll do some of these things, since some of them include Anaya and she won't be here for very many days between December 1 and December 25. This year will also be interesting since I am pregnant. I was also pregnant in the 2008 December Daily Album that I made so I might look back at it to see how I included my pregnancy in the book.

For my color scheme, I was leaning towards Green, Red, Light Blue and Silver/Grey, but then I realized that is awfully similar to what I did last year. So we'll see. I was inspired by Ali Edwards' Joy & Light words to use those colors...and I may still.

For some history, here's a post about my 2008-2011 December Daily Albums, and here is a collection of posts about my 2012 Album that I posted as I was working on it throughout the holiday season.

I've also been checking out KC Parent's awesome Kansas City's Christmas Fun Guide to get some new ideas for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment